Alcohol is classed as a depressant since its slows down vital functions such as speech, movement, ability to react quickly and perceptions. Alcohol can affect the mind as it reduces one’s ability to think rationally and make the right judgement, probably why people die from drunkenness
This page contains funny and great drinking quotes as well as fun facts about alcohol you probably did not know or heard yet. So, read and enjoy.
Drinking Quotes with Images
I only drink on two occasions: when it’s my birthday and when it’s not.
I’m cutting back on my attempts to cut back on drinking.
I’d say i’ll drink to that but honestly, i’ll drink to just about anything.
4.Life is not a fairytale. If you lose your shoe at midnight, you’re drunk.
5.I would give up drinking, but i am not a quitter.
6.I’d rather be someone’s shot of tequila than everyone’s cup of tea.
7.Alcohol does not solve problems, but then again, neither does milk.
8.You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning.
9.I used to think drinking was bad for me.. So i gave up thinking.
10.You look like i need another drink.
11.Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.-Kinky Friedman
12.Drink moderately. For drunkenness neither keeps a secret, nor observes a promise.
13.There cannot be good living where there is no good drinking.-Benjamin Franklin
14.I’ve never understood people who just go out for one drink. Once i have one drink, i want all the drinks.-Vicki Lesage
15.Drinking is a way of ending the day.-Ernest Hemingway
16.It’s solitary drinking that makes drunkards.-Nathanael West
17.What’s drinking? A mere pause from thinking!.-George Gordon
18.I’m feeling a little overworked and under intoxicated.
19.I drank so much vodka last night, i woke up with a russian accent.
20.Life and beer are very similar; chill for best results.
21.When i read about the evils of drinking, i gave up reading.-Henry Youngman
22.The worse you are at thinking, the better you are at drinking.-Terry Goodkind
23.I envy people who drink- at least they know what to blame everything on.-Oscar Levant
24.I’ve stopped drinking, but only while i’m asleep.-George Best
25.Love makes the world go round? Not at all. Whiskey makes it go round twice as fast.-Compton Mackenzie
26.I exercise self-control and never touch a beverage stronger than gin before breakfast.-W. C. Fields
27.When i saw you drinking, i knew we’d be friends.
28.Drink what makes you happy with friends who make you laugh.
29.You don’t really know someone until you get ridiculously drunk with them.
30.If you don’t drink, how will your friends know you love them at 2 A.M.?
31.I work until beer o’clock.-Stephen King
32.Alcohol doesn’t make you fat, it makes you lean… against tables, chairs and walls.
33.Good people drink good beer.-Hunter S. Thompson
34.Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.-G.K. Chesterton
35.To me “drink responsibly” means don’t spill it.
36.If you can’t be happy at least you can be drunk.
37.Let’s get drunk, make mistakes and blame it on the alcohol.
38.I finally quit drinking for good. Now i drink for evil.
39.I don’t get drunk, i just get less classy and more fun.
40.Everybody’s got to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.-W.C. Fields
41.I drink to make other people more interesting.-Ernest Hemingway
42.Here’s to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.-F. Scott Fitzgerald
43.Next to music, beer was best.-Carson McCullers
44.In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.-Benjamin Franklin
45.Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.-Benjamin Franklin
46.Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.-Frank Sinatra
47.There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.-Bette Davis
48.Drunken men give some of the best pep talks.-Criss Jami
49.It provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance.-William Shakespeare
50.There are two types of people in this world; people you want to drink with and people who make you want to drink.
Funny Drinking Quotes
- Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.-Ernest Hemingway
- A lady came up to me one day and said ‘Sir! You are drunk’, to which I replied ‘I am drunk today madam, and tomorrow I shall be sober but you will still be ugly.-Winston S. Churchill
- It’s a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people.-F. Scott Fitzgerald
- First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.-F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.-Charles Bukowski
- I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I’m under the table,
after four I’m under my host.-Dorothy Parker
- I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.-W.C. Fields
- There are two kinds of people I don’t trust: people who don’t drink and people who collect stickers.-Chelsea Handler
Quotes about Drinking
- We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well made cocktail.-David Sedaris
- Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.-Jim Butcher
- An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.-Ernest Hemingway
- After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world.-Oscar Wilde
- Drinking is fun! It makes me feel horrible and sexy!-Warren Ellis
- For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.-Friedrich Nietzsche
- I don’t have a drinking problem ‘Cept when I can’t get a drink.”-Tom Waits
- I try to convince myself that it’s the alcohol talking. But alcohol can’t talk. It just sits there. It can’t even get itself out of the bottle.-David Levithan
More Drinking Quotes and Sayings
- Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.-Friedrich Nietzsche
- I like to see the glass as half full, hopefully of jack daniels.-Darynda Jones
- There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren’t as good as others.-Raymond Chandler
- They say the only people who tell the truth are drunkards and children. Guess which one I am.-Stephen Colbert
- Alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, may produce all the effects of drunkenness.-Oscar Wilde
- Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.-Louis Pasteur
- Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!-Martin Luther
- War and drink are the two things man is never too poor to buy.-William Faulkner
- Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.-Jay M. Bylsma
- I always take Scotch whiskey at night as a preventive of toothache. I have never had the toothache; and what is more, I never intend to have it.-Mark Twain
- Scotch whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel’s nipples.-Warren Ellis
- 99% of all problems can be solved by money — and for the other 1% there’s alcohol.-Quentin R. Bufogle
- Always remember, that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.-Winston S. Churchill
- That is the remarkable thing about drinking: it brings people together so quickly, but between night and morning it sets an interval again of years.-Erich Maria Remarque