Easter bible verses are a great way to start your Easter greetings messages. Easter is one of the most popular stories in the Bible and perhaps one of the more significant one aside from Nativity. Bible verses about Easter express the significance of resurrection of the Jesus Christ. These Easter bible verses and quotes also express how much our God love us and the good news He has for us.
Now, if you’re looking for Easter bible quotes and Easter quotes to write on your Easter greetings card and send as happy easter wishes, you’ve picked the right website. Here, we will provide you a collection of short Easter bible verses and religious Easter quotes.
Easter Bible Verses and Quotes
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die ~ John 11:25
“…just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” ~ Romans 6:4
You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. ~ Acts 3:15 15
With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all. ~ Act 4:33
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. ~ Romans 10:9
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:20
For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:14
Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe.” Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him. ~ Mark 15: 32
Short Bible Verses about Easter
- They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. ~ Luke 24:2-3
- Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. ~ Romans 8:34
- He exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, ~ Ephesians 1:20
- And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! ~ Philippians 2:8
- For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. ~ Colossians 1:13-14
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead… ~ 1 Peter 1:3.
Best Bible Verses about Easter
Easter Sunday bible verses, Easter bible verses for cards
- Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. ~ Isaiah 26:19 ESV
- Now when he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. ~ Mark 16:9 ESV.
- Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. ~ John 11:25-26.
- For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. ~ Psalm 16:10 ESV.
- For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. ~ John 10:17 ESV.
- And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead. ~ Mark 9:9 ESV.
- And he said to them, “Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him. ~ Mark 16:6
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. ~ John 3:16-17
- Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” ~ John 2:19 ESV.
- No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” ~ John 10:18 ESV.
- And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name. ~ Romans 1:4-5
Easter Bible Quotes, Bible verses for Easter, Easter quotes from the bible
And this is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life. ~ 1 John 2:25
For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:16-20
“Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up.” ~ Matthew 20:18-19
“And as for the fact that He raised Him up from the dead, no more to return to decay, He has spoken in this way: ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’ “Therefore He also says in another [Psalm], ‘Thou wilt not allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay.’ ~ Acts 13:34-35
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. ~ Philippians 3:10-12
Easter Story Bible Verses
In this section, compiled are the bible verses that tell the story about Easter. These easter bible verses are not in particular order. We hope that you find which one that will inspire you the most.
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.” ~ Matthew 28:1-10
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened that while they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling apparel; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead? “He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.” And they remembered His words, and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. Now they were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James; also the other women with them were telling these things to the apostles. And these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them. But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings only; and he went away to his home, marveling at that which had happened. ~ Luke 24:1-12
Easter Bible Verses about Resurrection
Easter Sunday is about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead after He was crucified. In this section, we compiled the bible verses about Easter Sunday and the Resurrection.
He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. ~ Mark 8:31
So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. 47Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph saw where he was laid. ~ Mark 15:46-47
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance. Or you at the first: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas. That is, Peter and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:3-8
As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’ ~ Mark 16:5-7