Quotes about Power
‘Is power good or bad’ has long been the focus of conflict and it shows no sign of fading. Truth be told, power is a double-edged sword that takes on many different avatars. Some people call it the reason that peps up the ego and greed while some others consider it as the virtue that catapults one to be influential and successful.
So, what does power mean to you? What role does power play in our life?
Your answer is very important – because how you define power- or how you perceive power ultimately decides its role in your life.
The beauty of power is that you can change it to suit your needs – so it is your responsibility to choose whether you want ‘to control ‘ or ‘to influence’.
If you’d like to know what all the greats had to say about power, here’s a long list of the wisest and most inspiring power quotes. Read them, share them, and pin them!
Quotes about Power with Picture
- Power doesn’t corrupt people, people corrupt power. – William Gadois
- I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.
- Our power is in our ability to decide. – Buckminster Fuller
- Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power. – Lao Tzu
- Character is power. – Booker T. Washington
- The less power a man has, the more he likes to use it. – J. Petit-Senn
- The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. – Edmund Burke
- The greatest power is often simple patience. – E. Joseph Cossman
- Power never takes a back step only in the face of more power. – Malcolm X
- The greatness of the man’s power is the measure of his surrender. – William Booth
- People with power always take advantage of those without power. – Christopher Pike
- With great power there must also come great responsibility. – Stan Lee
- The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power. – Unknown
- Power is dangerous unless you have humility. – Richard J. Daley
- The balance of power is the scale of peace. – Thomas Paine
- Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. – Eckhart Tolle
- Having power is not nearly as important as what you choose to do with it. – Roald Dahl
- Believe in the power of prayer. If not for yourself, believe in it for others. The world is weak, prayer is powerful, and He can do anything.
- You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.
- Knowledge is power, but enthusiasm pulls the switch.
- A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.
- Leadership is the wise use of power. Power is the capacity to translate intention into reality and sustain it. – Warren Bennis
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. – Alice Walker
- Don’t talk about your power in front of weak.
- When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is!
- Your mind is your greatest power. Use it well. – Aneta Cruz
- There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about. – Margaret J. Wheatley
- Will power it has bigger power than you think much bigger.
- Those who have true power share it, while those who hunger power abuse it. – Royalton Ambrose
- Power is always dangerous. Power attracts the worst and corrupts the best. – Edward Abbey
- It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.
- The mind is a powerful force. It can enslave us or empower us. It can plunge us into the depths of misery or take us to the heights of ecstasy. Learn to use the power wisely. – David Cuschieri
- The measure of a man is what he does with power. – Plato
- Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true. – Honore de Balzac
- What lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do. – Aristotle
- Power is not sufficient evidence of truth. – Samuel Johnson
- The great secret of power is never too will to do more than you can accomplish. – Henrik Ibsen
- Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God’s service when it is violating all his laws. – John Quincy Adams
- Power lacks moral or principles. It only has interests. – Horacio Castellanos Moya
- And power without compassion is the worst kind of evil there is. – E.J. Patten
- Power is when you have every justification to kill someone, and then you don’t. – Oskar Shindler
- Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect any who seek it. – Frank Herbert
- Power to do well is also the power to do harm. – Milton Friedman
- Power corrupts, but lack of power corrupts absolutely. – Adlai Stevenson I
- Power is no blessing in itself. Except when it is used to protect the innocent. – Jonathan Swift
- Power, like a desolating pestilence, pollutes whatever it touches. – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace. – Mahatma Gandhi
- The sole advantage of power is that you can do more good. – Baltasar Gracian
- Power consists in one’s capacity to link his will with the purpose of others, to lead by reason and gift of cooperation. – Woodrow Wilson
- Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself. – Elie Wiesel
More Quotes about Power
- Power is either good or evil, but its user makes it so. – Author Erin Hunter
- Power doesn’t always roar. The art of exerting power is an art used in doses, the more hidden it is the more effective. – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- Power is the by-product of understanding. – Jcob Bronowski
- Power can be taken, but not given. The process of taking is empowerment in itself. – Gloria Steinem
- All the power that we exercise over others depends on the power we exercise over ourselves. – Cotvos
- Power is not alluring to pure mind. – Thomas Jefferson
- It is said that power corrupts, but actually it’s truer that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power. – David Brin
- Power will intoxicate the best hearts, as wine the strongest heads. No man is wise enough, or good enough to be trusted with unlimited power. – Colton
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment. – Mohandas Gandhi
- Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just. – Blaise Pascal